Dr. Ray Mota, reposonsible for the Carrier Strategy & Infrastructure Servicesand SD-WAN Service, brings a talent for complex technical and critical thinking and provides strategic direction, sharp analysis, and expert advice on networking issues, specializing in design, implementation, and troubleshooting. Prior to founding ACG Research Dr. Mota worked for Aberdeen Group, ManageAll, Micros-To-Mainframes, Advanced Technology Group, Eastman Kodak and the IRS. As a CTO, he designed, implemented and supported complex trading floor systems and large WAN Frame Relay and ATM networks. He also provided training on Sniffer, HP Advisor protocol analysis tools, and MPLS architectures. Ray has also developed cloud applications and has a software patent attributed to him.
Routinely called upon to speak as a guest lecturer throughout the country, Ray is recognized as an expert in topics relating to networks, managed services, cloud computing, operational efficiency, and business modeling. He has been the keynote speaker for the top cloud, channel, Wall Street, telecom event around the world. His insightful commentaries and analyses have been published in The Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, Bloomberg, Telecom Magazine, MSNBC, CNN Money, Forbes, Fortune, Businessweek, NY Times, SF Chronicle and other industry publications.
On the personal side, Ray holds 13 amateur baseball World Series titles and has coached at the Arizona Diamondback Training Center and the Phoenix Prospectors a professional baseball team which won the championship on 2012 & 2013. His successful baseball career inspired him to write Maximum Ability, (Lulu.Com, 2005), which focuses on mind power and using the cognitive abilities involved in sports to achieve excellence in not only the athletic arena but also in business fields and in other aspects of a person’s life. Ray donates 100 percent of the proceeds to Motavation Group, which organizes sporting events for sick children, (http://www.lulu.com/content/110670). In October 2000, HispanicBusiness.com selected Ray, with other notables Sammy Sosa of the Chicago Cubs and Alex Rodriguez of the Texas Rangers, as one of the top 100 most influential Hispanics in the United States.
Advisory board member of:
- National Energy and Sustainability Institute
- Ethernet Technology Summit
- Xchange Everything Channel
- Telecom Executive Exchange
- Service provider capacity index measures how hot global network capacities are running
- Pricing model for a Tier 1 managed service provider
- Service creation workshop for # 1 service provider in Europe
- Sales training on MPLS, ISIS, OSPF and IPv6 for a large MSO in North America
- Virtualization transformation strategy & business case to Tier 1 CEO & board, which helped fund project for SDN/NfV implementation
- Wall Street technology summit and bus tour with the top equity analyst
- Developed a new revenue stream and framework for a managed service provider
- CTO vendor risk analysis and vendor financial index